Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ugly Mugs

By Darcie
When I moved to Nashville I already knew about Ugly Mugs.  Two of my favorite artists, Sandra McCracken and Derek Webb, would always Tweet about their favorite, local, East Nashville coffee shop, and I knew it was a place I'd like to frequent.

When I made my first visit to Ugly Mugs, it was a blustery fall day, and I was able to sit down and enjoy a crossword puzzle.  The drink I ordered was a "chaider" (a cross between hot apple cider and chai if you couldn't figure that out), and it was delicious.




I think one of the greatest things about Ugly Mugs, though, is its live music.  Every Saturday night at 7:00pm an artist or several artists play, ranging from local favorites to newbies to those traveling through town.  For the price of a cup of joe you can be entertained for the evening.



Ugly Mugs is definitely a great place for coffee and to hang out and feel like you're part of the hip East Nashville community.
Ugly Mugs
1886 Eastland Avenue
M-F 6am-10pm
Sat and Sun 7am-10pm
http://www.uglymugsnashville.com/

2 comments:

  1. I totally want to go here... that looks SO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard you talk about that drink and it sounds GREAT! let me know if you ever experiment with making your own version... I'll leave the experimenting up to you, but I'm sure I'd like the end result :)

    ReplyDelete