Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blueberry donut?? Oh yeah!

So the other night I FINALLY went to Fox's Donut Den in Green Hills.  Every time I pass this place I want to go, and at 10pm after a movie I thought "YESSS! Let's get a donut!"

I got a plain sugar donut and a hot cocoa.  Pretty sweet ending to a great night.  Darcie and I were content with our end of night treat until Evan (the cool Lipscomb student who works the night shift who has a broken shoulder) said, "Hey, the blueberry donuts just came out of the fryer, I'll bring you one :)"
So out came two warm glazed blueberry donuts.  I've never heard of such a thing, and my whole life I didn't know what I was missing.  It was like a light, soft, blueberry muffin, but was so warm and  sweet.  Covered in a thin layer of warm glaze, it crumbled in my hand and melted in my mouth.  Literally.  It was blissful.  I didn't want to eat a whole second donut, but I couldn't stop.  It was so good.

I've had to go on a sugar detox since then.  The two donuts and hot cocoa were a bit of an overload, but there hasn't been an evening since that I haven't craved a warm blueberry donut and a cold glass of milk.  OMG I may just change out of my PJs and drive over there now.  They are open till midnight...

Fox's Donut Den
3900 Hillsboro Pike # 2
Nashville, TN 37215-2714
(615) 385-1021
Open Daily 5am-12am

(P.S. A fun tid bit-the owner of Fox's started the donut shop when he was a Ph.D student at Vandy, and he's now a professor at Lipscomb.  How he had time to do that,  I have no idea!)



3 comments:

  1. The donuts there are amazing. Wait the place with the neon sign on Abbott Martin right? First time there I had a glazed fresh out of the fryer. Nothing like it. Better than Krispy Kreme. My favorite is the apple fritter. Best apple fritter I have ever had. Gotta try that blueberry next time. -Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm....blueberry donuts are my favorite! we just lost our local donut shop. I'll either have to bust out some of my own or take a drive. you definitely got me in the mood for a fresh donut and hot coffee! great blog guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, ps. would have loved a pic of your donuts!

    ReplyDelete